Monday, February 8, 2010

Lawing Falls ….. then CNY BBQ gathering on 7th Feb 2010

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I’M LATE!!! I’m seldom late.. but this round.. too tired due to the trek yesterday to Strata Falls…followed by Cindy’s house warming… then a long chat with Vincent till 12am.. William called me at 7am and asked “ JOE WHERE R U??” Oops… still in bed.. S***!!! Quickly jumped up, woke Vincent who’s at the guest room and rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth… change… then pick up Dom at Sri Petaling. 18769_328598151288_523666288_4732329_5964280_nReached the meeting up point around 7.30am.. SORRY EVERYONE… SO SO SO SO SORRY!!!! Grab a quick breakfast… then started our drive to Hulu Langat… Wow.. what a rush morning for me… 

After stopping by at the Police Station for our usual name list submission, we proceeded to Sg Lui. strataDrove through a small road that leads to the trail head… Hmm… sad… it must have been some kind of a recreation picnic spot.. which is already WORN OUT… With the GPS track from my mentor, Jan Stuivenberg and his write up from Waterfalls of Malaysia, we found the trail head in no time. untitledThe hike started around 10am. And there we were following the clear clear trail through the jungle. It was an easy hike… but for the exhausted me… IT WAS A HELL OF TIME…17541_311080732560_637577560_3460545_3475608_s After less than 1/4 of the trail, “Guys… u guys go ahead…I’ll follow behind…I’m half dead already”I said…there left Vincent, Tiger and I behind. As I was really so so so slow.. and taking breaks in between as my calves are so so sour… “Tiger… I don’t have the tracks.. nor the description.. U not scared meh?” I asked… Tiger replied me “NO”… well the trail is really clear.. and it’s really not a problem at all for this so called “Seasoned” waterfall explorer- Joe Yap LOL:p  Vincent and Tiger gave their full trust to me… and for sure NO WAY I WOULD DISAPPOINT THEM… hehehehe…P2070083-Putri FallsDominic and the other members reached the waterfalls 20 mins earlier than us… William told Dominic… “I guess Joe won’t be coming up…” Dom replied in confident “SHE WILL BE HERE… FOR SURE” Dom really know me so well.. and YES!!! I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE… I have NEVER abandoned any waterfall trips half way…so far…UNLESS we could not find the trail or the weather is bad… “THE SPIRIT OF WATERFALL SURVIVORS – Determination & Endurance…” (well.. i think it’s my spirit.. LOL)

The Lawing Waterfall is not big.. but it’s nice and pristine.. has a small little pool there… and a hydro massage will be very rewarding after the one and half hour trek through the nice jungle.  P2070103-Putri FallsWe had a rewarding massage at the falls, then back trek to the trail head. Along the way, we met some hikers on the way in to the waterfalls and one of them told us that they actually lost their way. But anyway, they are almost there already… I told them.

We reached the trail head in about 40 minutes.. going downhill all the way… And I sprained my ankle 3 times. I guess it’s because of the earlier injury at Puteri Falls when I tripped, fell and sprained my right ankle.untitled1 After the trek, we headed to Lui’s Cafe to have our lunch then headed back to KL. After dropping Dom off…Vincent and I headed to the market to buy some last minute stuffs for the Waterfall Survivors BBQ gathering at night. Reached home around 5pm then started cooking… Then by the time I finished cooking and took a shower, guest was arriving… OH GOD!!! Can I have 5 minutes break?? hehehe…P2070114-Putri Falls One after another came.. and by 8pm my house was PACKED with members from Waterfall Survivors!!! I lost count on how many turned up.. but for sure a lot… I have a rough estimation of more than 40 people at my house. Some were first timers… which we have never met… It was so nice to get to know some new members.untitled2 Everyone was chatting and eating away… some BBQing and some were drinking… My house was like the market.. hahaha.. But I really love the “NOISE” hahaha…

Around 10.30pm, Ah Bee came with a bottle of VSOP… well.. an ex bartendar… what can u expect?? COCKTAIL!!! Mixed with the bottle of Johnie Walker that Vincent sponsored. We all drank till some was almost ….DIEDED!!! hahaha… Many left at around 12am… The last one.. Leo… left at 3.30am… chit chatting away with Vincent and I until Vincent DIEDED too… hahaha…

There goes my weekend.. PACKED WITH ACTIVITIES… really exhausted.. I NEED ONE WEEK REST!!! But how can I take rest... when the CNY is so so near… a lot of preparation to be done. I can rest during CNY….Hehehe…it’s ok… I like what I’m doing… seeing all the Waterfall Survivors members enjoying themselves at waterfalls is the best thing that I’ve done in my life. NO REGRETS.. hehehe…

Pictures are from the courtesy of: Gerald Lim and Vincent Leong.

Waterfalls are beautiful but extremely DANGEROUS.

Only attempt with experience guides.

Take Nothing but Photographs, Leave Nothing but Footprints