Thursday, February 4, 2010

Visiting an Orang Asli Village

I have to apologies that I blog this a little late…. :) Too late better than  never.. :)On a 3rd Feb, a sunny morning, my mentor Jan Stuivenberg together with Keong and Rahim (our friends) volunteered to send the things and food we’ve collected for Kampung Semoi in Sg Koyan which is Rahim’s village.

We met early in the morning with my car FULLY PACKED with all the things for the Orang Aslis. Jan and Rahim was suppose to go with Keong’s car but with the stuffs that overloaded, Jan and Keong needed to drive 2 cars. It’s really nice of them that they offered to help me when I had to pull out last minute due to near CNY shopping and lots of spring cleaning to do.

After breakfast they started the drive to Sg Koyan with 2 cars fully loaded with old clothes, old items, rice, biscuits and etc.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jan, Keong and Rahim for the great help.

And lastly and most important… A BIG HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THE WATERFALL SURVIVORS MEMBERS THAT DONATED ALL THE OLD CLOTHES, OLD ITEMS AND ALL THE FOOD….

Here are some pictures to share with everyone.IMG_7270 The 2 fully loaded CarsIMG_7271IMG_7341IMG_7344

Getting the things out of the cars… IMG_7346 Rahim Distributing the stuff to the fellow villagersIMG_7347IMG_7354 The Kid is so happy with what he got… the second kid..I have 2 bags!!  kg-kenip Jan getting the things out of the car at the 2nd villagekg-kenip-2Everyone waiting for the clothes and old items.